All children are intended to experience the wholeness of life and those that assist in this process become more whole themselves. We shall focus attention on, but not be limited to, autism and will support and fund practice-able research and development of approaches that work for all children (universal). Ultimately, by eliminating separateness, we move towards wholeness in life experiences.
First project to be completed by the funds generated:
The first project will be to prepare a program for gymnastics clubs to assist them with special needs children. This program will be designed to assist the clubs in developing a safe environment for special needs children. It will give detailed instructions on skills and activities that the children can safely perform. Progression of skills in a safe manner will be detailed. How to work with the sensory issues will be demonstrated. We feel that gymnastics clubs offer a wonderful environment for autistic children to improve their motor skills. Clubs that already have special needs/autistic children classes have shown time and time again that in addition to motor skills, these children have the potential to make large gains in their eye contact, speech and social skills.
Principles of the Gymnastics Doctor Autism Foundation:
1. Autistic/special needs children are not a problem to be solved but a potential to be realized. We need to realize potential and not see only problems.
2. Provide funding for effective scientific research that is ethical, moral, needs based, and void filling.
3. Provide funding for current treatment programs and the development of new treatment programs that are ethical, moral, and needs based.
4. Provide funding for organizations and/or programs that provide support for the autistic/special needs community.
5. Wholeness needs to be seen in the work that is funded. If you start with potential you go to wholeness. If you start from problem you go to fractionate/separation and work on individual problem, not wholeness. We need potential to see wholeness.
6. As a community we need to realize the potential of all children to enhance and nourish the community.
Description of planned activities of the Gymnastics Doctor Autism Foundation:
1. Raise funds through corporate donations
2. Raise funds through individual donations
3. Raise funds and awareness of autism/special needs children in the community by promoting and supporting gymnastics competitions in which children with autism/special needs may participate in the event.
Ethical Principles of the Board of Directors of the Gymnastics Doctor Austims Foundation:
1. Enter into and join the world of the autistic child to develop interactions that enable the child to enter into and engage the larger world they live in.
2. Support efforts that follow established scientific and medical practices and are aimed at advancing practice-able understanding of known voids.
3. Focus on and establish a local presence and implementation thru reciprocally nourishing partnering with appropriate entities.
4. Deepen understanding and advance working knowledge of established treatment processes (autistic classes in gymnastics, music therapy,…)
5. Pursue that which we can see will advance wholeness of person, wholeness of life experience.